
Kara and I went out to lunch on Saturday because I have been stuck inside sick for the past 3 days and then on our way back to her house she decided that she wanted to show me a city called Manchester because you could see Seattle from there. We could only see the view while driving so I didn't get a picture of it, but then we decided to go to Manchester State Park while we were there. On our way to the park we saw an eagle, deer and a couple camels. Yes, I said camels. We couldn't believe our eyes (they were on a farm of course) it was weird to see camels in 40 degree weather. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the eagle but I didn't have my camera out at the time. There is an eagle that Kara and I see almost every morning when she takes me to work maybe I should get a picture of that one.
After a couple of turn arounds we made it to the park. When we got there we headed out on the walking trail and ended up finding a way to get down to the beach b

ecause the tide was low. We were trying to decide if we were suppose to be down on the beach, but we never saw a no trespassing sign or any sign that said to stay off the beach. We were hoping to see some tide pools as we got closer to the water. It was slippery on the rocks and of course clumsy me kept slipping while Kara just laughed and tried to help me. To our surprise there were a lot of tide pools within all the rocks. These are a couple of pictures of the starfish we saw. There were actually a lot of them on the rocks. This picture is of me trying to poke at something

that we thought might be an octopus, but I couldn't get it to move, so we figure it was just another starfish. As we walked further down the beach all of the smaller rocks started to have little barnacles on them. This is a brick that we found out there that looked really cool with the barancles all over it. We had

a great time walking the beach, but then we realized that the tide should be coming back in so we headed back to the car. I had such a great day today. I could walk on a beach for hours and not get bored. I'm so greatful to have a friend that likes to do some of the same things I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment